Hello! Thanks for stopping by.
I’m Leah. I have a robotic vacuum-cleaner named Asimov, an unhealthy tumblr addiction, and am fluent in English & sarcasm.
I’m an epileptic, scoliotic & once took one thousand photographs on a week-long trip - half of which are blurry shots of grass.
I’ve been told my laugh sounds like a dolphin, a monkey and an alpaca (not all at once); I talk to inanimate objects; dislike ignorant human beings and am very good at talking so much that I forget what I’m supposed to be talking about.
I don’t want to say I’m unique, or individualistic. You can make that judgement. That’s something I don’t like. I don’t like people who say they’re random. Because if you were random, that’s not something you’d say. You’d say something like: All rainbows have a potato god at the top.
And then start Morris Dancing.
But, well, if you’re going to keep reading, I should stop with this pointless chatter. Don’t worry, there are bullet points ahead.
I love lots of things, but these 6 are my faves :)
1) Food. All five basic food groups are henceforth covered:
Chocolate; Chips; Soft-drink; Pizza and Ice Cream. It is considered a great day when all five are covered, fantastic if the five are all in the one meal/sitting.
Additionally, I am considered as a potato head. This does mean that I like…potatoes, cooked in any way.
2) Sport. This would be Softball, Netball, Badminton and watching the cute guys play Rugby Union for their country. (even if I only know a little bit about the sport ;D)(Wallabies ftw!!)
3) Family. I am often told by my father that you can choose friends, but unfortunately not family. I’m not 100% sure if this is a compliment or not, but it is true.
He also says that you can’t live with them; nor can you shoot them. Again, compliment or not?
I am therefore almost forced to put my family down as special to me - because they all are. (Yes, in the head too, some of them)
4) Friends. The ones I choose to love. That’s basically all there is to describe a friend. I love them because of the way they are, how caring they are, how funny they are, and they’re all very interesting <3
5) Writing. It’s a wonderful way of looking at the world; sharing your views. I prefer poetry to story writing, (I write both) but both have their pro’s and con’s. I also love reading: it can take you to another place, absorb you into the story, make you feel like a part of the story, walking alongside the main character. They can make you experience emotions you never thought you could experience just by reading some simple words. They take you to places that either exist in your mind, or to far off, exotic countries.
6) Music. It’s something that can unite the world, empower a person, change your mood and relax you. Songs can remind you of the good times; the bad times. They can make you want to cry tears, both of sadness and joy. It’s like everybody’s best friend.
And, as nerdy as this may seem, I adore the Harry Potter soundtracks :)
More Pointless Info about Me :D
These are a few of my Favourite Things:
- Colour: Purple
- Food: Potatoes (cooked in any way), Mars Bars, Cheesecake, Brownies, Chocolate, Ice Cream, Mangoes, Italian, Mexican…(Now I’m hungry..)
- Hobbies: Writing, Reading, Listening to Music, Playing Sport, Photography, Watching Movies - so yeah, basically, I am an ordinary person. Amazing, I know ;)
- Authors: Jaclyn Moriarty, J.K. Rowling, Kathy Reichs, Derek Landy, John Green
- Books: Finding Cassie Crazy (J. Moriarty), The Guy Next Door (M. Cabot), Spider Bones/Mortal Remains (K. Reichs), Harry Potter (You-Know-Who)
- Flower: Frangipanis, Geberas, Cherry Blossoms, Roses, Orchids (basically, I like all flowers)
- Sport: Softball, Netball
- Subjects: English, Business Studies
- Movies: Harry Potter 7 & 3; The Blues Brothers, Disney/Pixar movies, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Animal: Deer :)
- Musicians: Florence + The Machine, Powderfinger, Taylor Swift, The Killers, Robbie Williams and Michael Bublé
- TV Shows: IT Crowd, Spicks and Specks, Adam Hills in Gordon St. Tonight, Sherlock, Dirk Gently, The Big Bang Theory, Mythbusters
- Inspirational Figures: Nelson Mandela, Li Cunxin (Mao’s Last Dancer),
- I live in Aus Angeles. (Australia, in case you were wondering)
- Loves quotes
- Used to learn German with Kugelmonkey (Ich liebe deine Mann Brüste. ;D )
- Is female, if you hadn’t gathered that already, numnuts.
- Writes poems and stories
- Has an incredibly messy desk that isn’t helping me figure out what to write for this list…
- I like things to be colourful, but I dislike items that are so many colours that it looks gaudy. There has to be a balance of the mix.
- I love photography but I’m not actually that good at it
- Is between the ages 12 and 21
- Anything else? Click here :)
Hope you weren’t looking for anything in particular.